Thursday, April 23, 2009

Me Vs Novels




WTH should I do with myself??
I just can't read anymore!!
I used 2 Be an eager reader ,I was a BOOK WORM when I was younger!! but now I'm the biggest loser when it comes to reading novels!
I wanna reaaaaaaad!!!:@
My friend Rawan finished reading TWILIGHT a week ago ma sha2 Allah .Although I started reading THE MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA b4 her,I'm still stuck in the 5th page:"(wut a shame!

our reading teacher always talks bout the importance of speed reading. Nothing on earth is more stupid 'n silly 4 me.. !
OK I admit it!I'm not fast at all!I'm a little snail when I read:$My speed is 182 wpm. 'n even in Arabic I can't go any further than 200!the language is not a barrier!It's just me!

I told my teacher bout my speed 'n she said :this is brilliant!!HELLO!!it's NOT!I really need 2 speed this up!
most of my classmates have passed the250!frankly,I doubt that!unliss if they just pass lines very fast 2 get a general idea bout the text like skimming or scanning but not READING! coz the comprehension counts here!
I mean wut is this?magic?
I don't work hard on that coz who needs speed reading?
definitely not me!!
I'm more of an accurate person.I can't just pass wordz that I donno their meanings or pronunciation unliss if I'm skimming or skannig 4 a specific info.
'n I got an A in reading 3 thank God.so it's just a waste of time!I'm contarstin' my self I know:S
when I complained 2 the teacher bout my speed she was nice enough 2 give me an old novel she said it was in her liberary doing nothing 2 get me 2 improve.
plz pray 4 me 2 finish it up by the end of this break!

peace out~..(F)

10 comments:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Mona said...

THNX dyanna(F)

XD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XD said...

Close your door
set down
grab your novel n do not u dare
leavin it unless u have read at least 10 pages

Believe me just when u start ur 7 th page u will continue reading until
you fall asleep on ur novel OR finish it..

at least this is what`s happening with me everytime I start reading an exciting novel
All the best with the scarlet letter N wish me an enjoyable time with my new novel Emma

Mona said...

heeeyyy:)

I'll try this out en sha2 Allah!

The best of luck 3'addo0<3

мσσŋч said...

heey Mona
7asah enny da5la '3ala6 hhh ..

huny .. maybe u need some space ..
..
just put that thoughts behind u ..
& start thinkin' how 2 be better than ur classmates ..
imagine that u r in a race ..
who gonna become the best ..

or as she said ( XD )
start readin' the novel or the book .. then u will feel that u wanna complete cuz u want 2 knw more events ..
Just try
& my best wishes 2 finish it
^^

anana ameer said...

Maybe you are disinterested in the story. Try a different book. Maybe you'll like: The Curious Incident of the Dog at The Night Time, P.S I Love you, or maybe you aren't into novels at all jrby: Freaknomics, or survival of the sickest. Atmana t7sleelik shay y3jibk, lanoo id'a moo 3ajbik forget about reading it bsir3ah. :P ooo sometimes you feel, la lazim agra halkitab 3ashan inoo bestseller, ma3goolah elnas kilha 3ajbhom elkitab o ana moo 3ajbiny(I must admit, I wasted a lot of my time doing this. And seldomly does it get any interesting at the end. sidg ana lame.)

Mona said...

heey moony:)
you're more than welcome here<3
nawar my blog^^
I'll consider that sweetie!
thnx 4 passin' by(F)

..........

anana ameer
I'm BIG TIME disinterested 2 be honest!:(
but coz it's advanced , kinda old English and recommended by the teacher..
and I'm tryin' 2 get improved in speed reading ,that's all..

'n bout bestsellers I agree!!
sometimes what U like is totally different from what most ppl like!

I think I may try something like P.S I love you or Twilight!
thnx 4 ur advice^^

Ruba said...

LoooooooooL
TOTALLY AGREE..
well..hi first =P
humm..try to change the type of books u read..cuz i have the same problem..after suffering for 4 years i discover that i hate novels =S looool..these days i'm reading a scientific book & i enjoy it =D
::
i like ur recent posts..so i'll be visiting ur blog from time 2 time.. <3

Mona said...

Heey.. :)

I tried multiple times 'n I'm still trying!

well,I don't think that scientific books will do any good
4 me in the current time:(!!=P Although I used 2 enjoy reading some interesting scientific books a few yearz back!

wut I'm focusing on right now is
forcing me 2 read & enjoy NOVELS.
so I'd better get going on my lame list 4 now..
thanx..
You're more than welcome Ruba^^<3